From: robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com [mailto:robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: wet CMU masonry

Hi Richard:
Please check your Concrete Masonry literature and specifications.
Concrete block is not to be wet when it is placed.  It is manufactured using a gel paste rather than water mixed with cement powder when it is manufactured.  Soaking prior to installation will cause harm to the wall due to unwanted expansion of the blocks.  Brick, however should be wet when installed.

Respectfully,
IDS Group, Inc.
Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT
949-387-8500