Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)

I'm not sure your interpretation is correct.  I agree that 12.3.4.2 seems contradictory - I think that it should state "except as defined in 12.3.4.1".  I believe the intent is that, for example, drift and P-delta effects are calculated without the rho factor even in Seismic Design Categories D through F.

Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792