Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)
- From: <William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:43:15 -0600
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Perhaps you could make the argument that rho should not apply to a mat foundation - but what about a steel braced frame system with isolated footings? An increase in brace forces would increase loads on footings.
Perhaps the code could be refined to address this - but a more refined code is also a more complex code! Do we want to keep adding complexity to refine each individual design?
CH2M HILL / DEN
- Prev by Subject: Re: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)
- Next by Subject: re: ribers in composite slab
- Previous by thread: RE: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)
- Next by thread: RE: Rho, Rho, Rho your boat (foundation)