Rock Veneer Support on timber

I have a situation where I have an exterior stud wall that is covered with rock veneer.  The wall has a low parapet, just a couple of feet above the roof, where the veneer will also be located on the interior face of the parapet.  I can’t find anything in the IBC that would tell me I can’t support the small height of rock veneer, on the interior of the parapet, by a ledger of some sort, which will be attached to the stud wall.  2304.12 tells me that I have to check the wood members for long term deflection.  Is there any restrictions that I haven’t found?

Thanks,

Joe Grill