RE: Structural Logs

Please provide a credible reference to back up your below claim.  I’ve never heard this claim, and am quite skeptical that this is true.  There are many factors that affect strength of wood/timber, including knots, direction of grain, density et cetera.

Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.

Manager, Product Evaluation

APA