Re: Structural Logs

Tom, sure there are many factors involved, but at least from the point of view of cut fibres, the log is stronger than sawn lumber of the same sectional area.  This claim comes by way of Forintek (FPInnovations), a forest products reaearch organisation in Canada.  I didn't question it, because it seems logical to me.