From: Brian [mailto:bsh117(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Slab-on-grade topping slab

I was hoping that I could get some input on my current situation.

I have an existing warehouse slab that is 6" thick.  A potential buyer
would like to have a 7" thick slab because that is what they require in
their typical specifications.  The loading does not dictate that a 7"
slab is necessary.  The warehouse use would fall into the moderate or
heavy warehouse slab as defined by ACI 302.1R.

I planned on using a 1" thick, 5000 psi concrete topping slab (max 3/8"
aggregate) over the existing slab.  The topping slab would be bonded to
the existing with cement grout (or other proprietary bonding agent) and
control joints could be cut to match the existing.

What do you guys think?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Brian