Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
re: steel joist design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: re: steel joist design
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:19:34 -0400
- Cc: <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
I take the digest, too, so this is a day late. And since Harold said nothing about the weld, I hesitate to.
But if you feel at all uncertain about the flare bevel between the pipe and angle leg, have the shop do the tests to qualify the weld if they do not already have a Welding Procedure Specification for it. It is not prequalified, as the prequalified flare-bevels require a flat beyond the point of tangency. At least that’s the way I read Fig. 3.3 AWS D1.1: 2006.
- Prev by Subject: Re: steel joist design
- Next by Subject: re: steel joist design
- Previous by thread: Re: steel joist design
- Next by thread: re: steel joist design