re: steel joist design

It was stated:
"But if you feel at all uncertain about the flare bevel between the pipe and angle leg, have the shop do the tests to qualify the weld if they do not already have a Welding Procedure Specification for it. "Correct me if I am wrong  but it is my understanding that all welds need to have a WPS.  The only question is whether they are based on a pre-qualified weld or a weld qualification test.  This has nothing to do with whether you feel uncertain or not.
Mark Gilligan