From: chris.slater(--nospam--at)gmail.com [mailto:chris.slater(--nospam--at)gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Chris Slater
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Simpson Moment Frames

Just saw an ad in a SE magazine for the new Simpson moment frames.
They're calling them "Ordinary Moment Frames".  I'd like to get
excited about this options, but ASCE 7-05 says that ordinary frames
aren't permitted in SDC D, which is where 95% of our designs are done.

Wondering if Simpson will get a special exception for their product,
or if these will only work in limited situations.  Does anyone have
any insight?

Thanks,

Chris