Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
brick parapet lintels[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: brick parapet lintels
- From: "Bob Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:18:08 -0700
What IDS has done in the past is:
1. Provide new horizontal saw-cuts in the brick inside and out
2. Insert steel angle lintels inside and outside in the saw-cut slots with through-bolts. If your new parapet windows are continuous, you may want to do this in sections.
3. Remove existing brick below the new angle lintels, install steel posts.
I don’t know if the architect will permit a steel angle lintel exposed on the outside, so that may need your design attention.
IDS Group, Inc.
Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT
- Prev by Subject: RE: brick cladding survey
- Next by Subject: Brick Parapet Support
- Previous by thread: Re: Brick Parapet Support
- Next by thread: Live Load Reduction