Masonry Wall Anchorage

When I have a situation where I need to tie concrete masonry walls to flexible wood diaphragms it seems like I run into the problem of high anchorage forces and low anchor capacities.  Before the change to the 2007 California Code and the latest changes to the ICC Evaluation Reports for adhesive anchors, I could get a reasonable wall tie assembly @ 48 inches to calc out.  Recently I’ve had to use 24 inch spacing for wall ties.  I’ve also used concrete bond beams at the top of the wall, to increase allowable anchor capacity.  Has anyone else run into similar situations?