Re: Excel and Printing /Pagination

> From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>

> On Sep 19, 2008, at 6:00 AM, Jordan Truesdell, PE wrote:
>
>> In other words, nobody really expected to ever have to print Excel
>> sheets in a orderly, repeatable manner. As a result, the

> I hate to beat this to death, but I've been using Excel since 1987
> when it was Mac-only, and never run into printing issues like these,
> including the times when I was dragooned into using Excel on Windows
> or when I ran a sheet from one platform with Excel on another. Cross
> platform work used to require a translation program on my Mac but not
> now. I ran different fonts and different printers (including
> Quickdraw and Postscript printers) but it didn't seem to matter--all
> the printing was orderly and repeatable. Even the pdfs made from
> spreadsheets look good.

That has been my cross-platform, multi-OS experience with Excel, as well:
Mac OS 7, 8, 9 and X
Windows 95, 2000 Pro and XP Pro
Excel 95, 2003, 2007
Dot-matrix, ink-jet and laser printers
Some of my Excel spreadsheets are (gulp) decades old and have been used on
dozens of machine/OS/printer configurations of desktops and laptops.

Regards
Paul
--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.