Structural Laminated Glazing >>Material Properties >> Engineering Calculations

Fellow Structural Engineers,

                I have a client who is asking for engineering calculations  using  laminated glass  for stair treads and railings.  The IBC – 2006 would be applicable building code.

                For anyone who has experience with structural glazing >> where can I find the necessary engineering data and the material performance specifications for laminated glass?  I anticipate the glass stair treads would be fabricated from 3 layers of 3/8 inch thick tempered glass >> laminated with a clear plastic film >> creating a composite section.

Thanks,

Jim L. Chatterley PE

Composite Framing Systems, Inc.

2723 Currier Ave. >> Simi Valley, Calif 93065

805 520  3666 >> Fax 805 583 1434

www.CompositeFramingSystems.com