wood ledger to concrete

Hi
I am designing an wood deck ledger with siginficant snow loading.  In the old days I would have used Enercalc 5.8 and accept the black box answer it gave me.  but now in this enlightend age - I question everything.  the ledger design is a beam spanning between the bolts - calc the beam, look at the NDS for th bolt values - got it so far- Looking at Enercal 5.8 ledger design it uses the Hankison formula and checks diagonal force and resulting diagonal wood stress.
I haven't found a similar problem using the hankison formula in this way.

what is the correct way to calculate a wood ledger attached to concrete?

I am in digest mode but will check the site index often

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon ENgineering