Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Doug. Fir Lumber Grades[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Doug. Fir Lumber Grades
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:57:20 -0600
I am checking an existing "panelized" roof system, (cira 1970's), for the addition of equipment and screening on the roof. Ever since, I believe, the '94 UBC there have been stress values for doug. fir 2x and 4x for "No. 1" and "No. 1 and Better", and I have never understood when it is appropriate to use the "No. 1 and Better" values. Can anyone shed some light on this?|
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer, S.E.
Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from Jamie. Learn Now
- Prev by Subject: RE: DL weight vs Ordinary/Special Moment Frames
- Next by Subject: Re: Doug. Fir Lumber Grades
- Previous by thread: Re: Question on independent structurally
- Next by thread: Re: Doug. Fir Lumber Grades