RE: Doug. Fir Lumber Grades

Thanks again to Dave, and to Thor for their responses, and maybe I should be contacting one of the wood industry organizations because my questions still is: Is there actually a stamp put on lumber saying "No. 1 and Better", or does this mean that the lumber delivered to the job site will be a mixture of No. 1, Dense No. 1, and Select Structural? Thor's response sounds like this is the case. But, if all of the pieces were marked "No. 1", wouldn't this qualify for "No. 1 and Better"?

Still unsure of this,

Larry Hauer S.E.