Doug. Fir Lumber Grades

I saw that someone already answered the question about "No.1&Btr" being
a specific designation on the grade stamp. For future reference, here's
a link to the ALSC facsimile that describes grade stamps and provides
examples of several. All approved grading agencies are also shown on
this list:

http://www.alsc.org/greenbook%20collection/LumberProgram_facsimile.pdf

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the
American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops
internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction.
Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research,
and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and
traditional wood products.

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA
standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through
a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.