Damping percentage

Hi

I need to check a drying tower consisting its main body in a cylindrical tube of 6-m diameter and 36-m height. It's been considered that the tube will probably be 3/8-in steel plate. At the top of the tube there are several trusses all around the tube, in order to support cyclones and fans. In addition to these there are three levels of maintenance platforms supported in the tube and upper trusses with its corresponding live loads. I've been wondering if I should keep considering a percent damping of 5% in order to perform dynamic analysis.
Am I right in being worried or i am missing something?.

Assuming that I'm right by considering a different percent damping, the next question is... which one?... how can I estimate a reasonable percent?.

It could be extremely difficult to implement any kind of field test, so that i think I will have to refer to book references. Thanks in advance.

Benjamin Arcos
Ingenieria Rioboo
Mexico City

--