Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welds for a 4 plates column (Flexure section )[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Welds for a 4 plates column (Flexure section )
- From: Ángel Gómez (megared) <angelgomez(--nospam--at)megared.net.mx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:27:36 -0500
I have been required to review welds for a four plate columns designed by other engineer.
Using the formula: Shear Flow = (Vu) (Ay ) / Ix
Considering Vu as OVn = Vu = (.9) (.6) (Fy) (Aw) (Cv) . Only that column web in this case (four plate column) has two webs compared with a W section , Shear Flow requires 8/16" , by past experiences for this type of Industrial Bulidings, welds requirements have been minimum continuous fillet welds 1/4"
Is there any spec ANSI-AISC 350 in order to design minimum shear capacity in a flexure element ?
Aries Ingenieros Estructurales SC
- Prev by Subject: RE: Welded Connection at OMF
- Next by Subject: When wind governs with No Seismic
- Previous by thread: Was RE: Damping percentage Now Seaint Reputation
- Next by thread: Seismic Charges