Seismic Charges

I was asked a question today that I haven’t seen addressed before.  A client told us they oil and gas industry around his plant was going to be setting off seismic charges for exploration.  The plant in located in Louisiana.  He wanted to know how it might affect his facilities.  We asked him to find out where the charges will be set and what size charge they will be, the energy released.   I’m not sure how I would evaluate the affect on the building.  Obviously we don’t want to set a charge off near a building.  Are there any specific items we should be considering when responding to their questions?  I thinking this may be more of a geotechnical question then a structural question.   Is there any method of converting explosive underground charges into something like a seismic event on a building?

Thanks for your help.

Rich