Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Bad Codes

Robert:

Same here. Remember ASCE7-05 when it came out with 24 pages of ERRATA?
It seems the more technology, the more negligence.
And the Code getting changed every THREE years!
Every 3 years you have to go through another 15-20 Codes, References and Manuals such as IBC, ASCE, AISC ACI, NDS, AISI, MSJC and so on…

And you keep hearing that in the media a "locomotive operator" (in case of text messaging cause for the Train accident 3 weeks ago) or a "building facility maintenance operator" is addressed as Engineer.

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, SE
khemmatyar_@_hotmail.com