RE: Moment Frame Lateral Restraint/Location

I have 2-storey frames that I am using for an upgrade to an existing
building.  They are essentially just lateral restraint systems with little
gravity load.

Because they have to be under the existing floor system, they are connected
to the floor and roof only by a short shear/pony wall, approx 3' high, with
no "top flange restraint" per se.  I have decided that the frames are
effectively not restrained out of plane and therefore need to be
tied/located so that they do not try to twist out of plane under lateral
displacement.  The frames have been designed for support only at those
locations.

1st floor level at 11ft and roof at 24ft approx

They are attached to the roof/floor at the centre of the building but I need
to estimate the connection required at the exterior walls.  I have a splice
location 4' above the 1st story frame member and intend to "locate" at the
splice, floor and roof levels.

What's a good method to estimate the restraining loads?  Ignore gravity load
so 4% etc of compression load is non-existent ... unless I use the
compression flange axial force due to bending ... ?

Victoria, BC
Canada