re: steel deck

Wesley,
The key word in there is no SUSPENDED loads. They don't want you to hang suspended ceiling, fire sprinklers, ducts, general MEP, etc. directly from the deck via hangers or other anchors. This applies as far as I know from simply supported and cantilevered deck. I am sure most deck is too lightweight and will locally deform if not fail if there is any type of real concentrated load hanging from it.

This is different than a uniform cantilever load which is allowed as you have pointed out.

Andrew Kester, P.E.
Principal/Project Manager
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Drive, Suite 301