From: akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: CMU sealing- architectural question
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:52:19 -0400

Is it typical to chemically seal the face of split face block (obviously exposed) in the Midwestern USA (Iowa to be exact)?

Is this wall section typical for masonry:

Split face CMU

2-1/2” mtl stud with fiberglass insulation in between, paper side towards interior

Layer of plastic moisture barrier over top of that, followed by gyp board

Thanks,

Andrew Kester, PE

Orlando, FL