Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel Moment Frames per ASCE 7-05[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Steel Moment Frames per ASCE 7-05
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:49:52 -0600
There is a jurisdiction in southern California, (Ventura County), that has issued an ordinance requiring that “Steel Frames in Light-Framed, (Flexible Diaphragm), Low Rise Buildings” be designed for the following load combinations, (if ASD), in the ASCE 7-05 manual:
Page 127, formulas 5, 6, and 8 on left side of page, AND
Page 127 formulas 5, 6, and 8 on right side of page, (overstrength factor applied)
I thought you only used the formulas with overstrength factors for support of discontinuous elements, collectors, etc., not for the design of actual frame beams and columns, (OMF, IMF, and SMF).
Can anyone shed light on whether the above requirements for the Eh of frames is also required in the jurisdictions they work with?
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer, S.E.
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now
- Prev by Subject: RE: Steel Deck Cantilevers
- Next by Subject: RE: Steel Moment Frames per ASCE 7-05
- Previous by thread: RE: Wall framing with I-Joists
- Next by thread: RE: Steel Moment Frames per ASCE 7-05