Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
No.  Tectum is a different sytem that is made from wood fibers.  Both Tectum and Gypsum decks use bulb tees, but they are different systems. 

Harold Sprague

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:13:51 -0700
From: JCoombs(--nospam--at)
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System

Is this what we referred to as Tectum (which is a proprietary name) roof system?  Google "tectum deck" and see if that's what you need.

>>> "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)> 10/7/2008 12:31 PM >>>

I’m looking for documents on the old gypsum bulb tee roof construction.  I have a building the was built in 30’s or 40’s.  I would like to learn more about this system.  Is it a precast panel system or was it poured in place?  I tried a search of the SEAInt archives, but for some reason it searches the entire web and not just the archives.


It has joists at 8 ft on center and bulb tees at 30-32” on center.  I want to find out the load capacity of the roof deck and weights. 


I don’t have a thickness of the roof.  Did they make it in different thicknesses?


Thanks for your help.




Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now