RE: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System

No.  Tectum is a different sytem that is made from wood fibers.  Both Tectum and Gypsum decks use bulb tees, but they are different systems.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:13:51 -0700
From: JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System

Is this what we referred to as Tectum (which is a proprietary name) roof system?  Google "tectum deck" and see if that's what you need.

>>> "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com> 10/7/2008 12:31 PM >>>

I’m looking for documents on the old gypsum bulb tee roof construction.  I have a building the was built in 30’s or 40’s.  I would like to learn more about this system.  Is it a precast panel system or was it poured in place?  I tried a search of the SEAInt archives, but for some reason it searches the entire web and not just the archives.

It has joists at 8 ft on center and bulb tees at 30-32” on center.  I want to find out the load capacity of the roof deck and weights.

I don’t have a thickness of the roof.  Did they make it in different thicknesses?

Thanks for your help.

Rich