RE: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System

I will have to send you the information in the morning.  The system used bulb or truss tees on bar joists.  Then gypsum board is installed on the bulb or truss tees.  A mesh is set and then the plastic gypsum is placed on the gypsum board and bulb tees.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Old Gypsum Bulb Tee Roof System
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:31:39 -0500

I’m looking for documents on the old gypsum bulb tee roof construction.  I have a building the was built in 30’s or 40’s.  I would like to learn more about this system.  Is it a precast panel system or was it poured in place?  I tried a search of the SEAInt archives, but for some reason it searches the entire web and not just the archives.

It has joists at 8 ft on center and bulb tees at 30-32” on center.  I want to find out the load capacity of the roof deck and weights.

I don’t have a thickness of the roof.  Did they make it in different thicknesses?

Thanks for your help.

Rich