From: Lloyd Pack [mailto:packman90(--nospam--at)qwest.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Wall framing with I-Joists

Yi,

It would seem to me that the I-joists would not work well for bearing walls.
They would work okay at gable end walls, though.  You might consider
Microllams (LVLs) for the bearing walls.  They come in the same depth
as the I-joists and will have better axial strength.  Trus-Joist might even
make a less expensive stud grade material that has greater depth than
typical studs that might work less expensively than LVLs.

Take Care,
Lloyd