Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Stainless Steel Wire Hangers for indoor pool[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint List Discussion List <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Stainless Steel Wire Hangers for indoor pool
- From: Reza Dashti Asl <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:10:41 -0700
A friend of mine asked me for the information on stainless steel wires commonly used to hang reflected ceilings (lightweight almost 1 psf). He is aware of the possible corrosion problems (SCC and cold forming damages) and the common preferred alloys but someone has suggested the use of Techalloy 625 (low iron) weld wires (AWS A5.14 ERNICrMo-3) to hang the ceiling. The wire is 16 gage (0.06" or 1.5 mm Diameter) and will wrap around the main runner as you would see in a normal T-Bar ceiling.
His question is specifically about the common SS wires used in indoor pools and if the Techalloy 625 has been used before in this capacity but I would appreciate any and all comments.
Reza Dashti P.Eng
Use Windows Live Messenger to send messages to your buddies on their mobile phones Find out more on our PC to Mobile website
- Prev by Subject: SS "slip critical"
- Next by Subject: Stainless Steel Wire hangers for indoor pool
- Previous by thread: RE: 12" frame walls
- Next by thread: Stainless Steel Wire hangers for indoor pool