RE: Wall framing with I-Joists

They are using the lateral capacites of the plaster - Arkin- Tilt Architects uses what they call PISE - a soil cement applied with gunite equipment in a 2-3" thickness with 14 gauge wire mesh reinforcement.  others use the cement -lime plaster skins (stucco)-  there is full scale testing data available to validate allowable loads

Tim Rudolph

Bishop CA

Tim- this is interesting. How do they obtain lateral resistance- with plywood on portions of the walls?

I have built a two story straw bale house in Fallbrook for my own use, but I started with a steel building frame and diagonal bracing for lateral loads.

Stan Scholl PE

Laguna Beach, CA