Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Full Pen Weld at Channel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Full Pen Weld at Channel
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:02:21 -0700
For you steel fabricating welding gurus out there, I am looking a stair stringer that is cantilevered and requires a full pen weld at the joint from the sloped portion of the stringer to the horizontal landing. I think the B-U2 groove weld would be the way to go as there is no requirement for weld tabs. It appears that it can be used at the flanges with the angle and the base metal thickness is unlimited.
Is this what is customarily called for on a full pen weld on a stair stringer or something else? If this is acceptable, can the near side and far side be ground flush?
Joseph R. Grill, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: friction angle of saturated soil.
- Next by Subject: Re: Full Pen Weld at Channel
- Previous by thread: Stainless Steel Wire hangers for indoor pool
- Next by thread: Re: Full Pen Weld at Channel