Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Curved GluLam tie

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Title: Curved GluLam tie

Try using double tie rods with Simpson PHD’s, or HD’s or similar connectors on each side of the glu-lam.


Mark Baker


From: Gordon Goodell [mailto:GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 8:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Curved GluLam tie


Good morning,

I’m looking for a good connection between a curved glulam roof member and ¾” steel tie rod at the base (@ wall line).  It’s ~8 kips.  I’d like to drill all the way through and use a bearing plate, but that’s about a 2’ long hole.  Any ideas?



Gordon Goodell

ExchangeDefender Message Security: Check Authenticity