Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Curved GluLam tie[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Curved GluLam tie
- From: "Gordon Goodell" <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:27:31 -0600
- Mailscanner-null-check: 1224598207.75939@t8Az3XwUw82+QEZ2ykNKFQ
Title: Curved GluLam tie
ARCH doesn’t want double tension rods, but I like your idea. I’ll use it in the future.
Try using double tie rods with Simpson PHD’s, or HD’s or similar connectors on each side of the glu-lam.
From: Gordon Goodell
I’m looking for a good connection between a curved glulam roof member and ¾” steel tie rod at the base (@ wall line). It’s ~8 kips. I’d like to drill all the way through and use a bearing plate, but that’s about a 2’ long hole. Any ideas?
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Check Authenticity
- Prev by Subject: RE: Curved GluLam tie
- Next by Subject: Cutting structural steel at site
- Previous by thread: RE: Curved GluLam tie
- Next by thread: Is it a Braced Frame or Cantilevered Column?