Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- From: "Casey K. Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:04:31 -0700
You may want to email Chris Tokas at OSHPD and get a clarification.
I'd look at AISC 341-05 Commentary section C13.2.d "With-Thickness Limitation" which indicates that the problem with Rectangular HSS's relates to local buckling with large "Width-Thickness" ratios.
Based on AISC 13th , there are 3 types of HSS's; Rectangular, Square and Round.
When you look at Table 1-11 of AISC 13th edition, Pages 1-72, 1-90, 1-94, there is a distinct difference between the three.
From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:26 PM
Subject: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
Section 2205A.18.104.22.168 of the CBC modifies AISC 341 for SCBF's using RECTANGULAR HSS sections. The section requires them to be filled solid with cement grout. This is for OSHPD only projects.
Question: Do the really mean Rectangular and Square HSS sections or only Rectangular as stated?
- Prev by Subject: RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Next by Subject: Re: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Previous by thread: Re: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Next by thread: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces