Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:47:43 -0700
That's what I was thinking as well.
Going back to my elementary geometry class, a square is nothing more than a special case of a rectangle. Therefore, any code requirement for a rectangular HSS would also be a direct requirement for a square HSS. Extending this argument, any reference to a rhombus, parallelogram or trapezoidal HSS section would also be a reference for a square HSS J
Matthew Tobolski, P.E.
4832 Mt. La Palma Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
Visit us on the web at: www.tobolskiwatkins.com
Section 2205A.188.8.131.52 of the CBC modifies AISC 341 for SCBF's using RECTANGULAR HSS sections. The section requires them to be filled solid with cement grout. This is for OSHPD only projects.
Question: Do the really mean Rectangular and Square HSS sections or only Rectangular as stated?
- Prev by Subject: RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Next by Subject: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Previous by thread: RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Next by thread: RE: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces