From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces

Section 2205A.4.1.5.1 of the CBC modifies AISC 341 for SCBF's using
RECTANG= ULAR HSS sections. The section requires them to be filled solid
with cement=  grout. This is for OSHPD only projects.

Question: Do the really mean Rectangular and Square HSS sections or only
Re= ctangular as stated?

thanks,
-gm