Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Factors for Soil Nail Walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Seismic Factors for Soil Nail Walls
- From: refugio rochin <refugio311(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
I have a question regarding Soil Nail Walls in a high seismic region. We are trying to identify the seismic factors for such a wall. A geotechnical circular No. 7
as well as the FHWA Soil Nail Manual, utilize the equation Am = (1.45 - A)A where A is the peak ground acceleration at 10% exceedance in 50 years. This equation however has a maximum at 0.725, and our PGA is 1.25 to 1.1 (located on the San Andreas Fault, site specific spectra and USGS spectra, respectively). I am not sure if this equation truly applies in this condition.
The target is to define the kh, which is a pseudo-static coefficient input into the Soil Nail programs.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seismic Design of Nitrogen Storage Tank
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Factors for Soil Nail Walls
- Previous by thread: Re: OSHPD SCBF's using HSS Braces
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Factors for Soil Nail Walls