RE: 1973 UBC DF/L design values

Jeffrey,

Not sure if you got an answer yet, but this has been discussed here before, you can try searching the archives. The consensus is that you need to use current NDS values.

From: Jeffrey T Flansburg [mailto:flansburg(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 1973 UBC DF/L design values

We are currently analyzing an existing truss that was designed and constructed using the 1973 UBC.  We are looking for wood design values from that code for the following:

No. 2 D.Fir-Larch aka DF/L

No. 2 Dense D.Fir-Larch aka DF/L

No. 3 D.Fir-Larch aka DF/L

If someone could post the values for the following it would be GREATLY appreciated

Fb, Ft, Fv, Fc, E

Thank you in advance!

JEFFREY T. FLANSBURG
FLANSBURG ENGINEERING INC