Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: When wind governs with No Seismic[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: When wind governs with No Seismic
- From: Dave Adams <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:33:06 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
For steel structures, AISC 341-05 (seismic provisions) states that design in SDC A (“low-seismic”) only needs to comply with the requirements of AISC 360-05, which includes all wind-governed regions. General stability is also to be confirmed and checked according to Chapter C (I think that’s the right one) of the Specification (360-05) regardless of whether wind or seismic governs. Simply consider lateral force resisting elements as “bending members”, “compression members”, connections, etc. and follow the slenderness descriptions/requirements within that Specification.
Dave K. Adams, S.E., P.Eng.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
IBC Section 1604.10, detailing requirements for the LFRS is per ASCE 7, regardless of wind or seismic forces governing.
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Tejas Goshalia <tejas_goshalia(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
- Prev by Subject: Re: When wind governs with No Seismic
- Next by Subject: RE: When wind governs with No Seismic
- Previous by thread: Re: When wind governs with No Seismic
- Next by thread: RE: When wind governs with No Seismic