RE: Finite Element Analysis

David,

I suggest using a Staadpro for a finite element analysis is a way to go. Its user’s friendly, I used it for tubular steel, concrete tunnel and connections plate.

The instructions on how to model and load input using a finite element analysis method can be found in the help tab of staad pro. If a hard copy reference is available checks under the finite element modeling sample problem.

Thanks,

Julius

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager/Sr Lead Structural Engineer

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com