RE: Diaphragm Continuity at Continuous Ridge Vents

In many cases, including most roof truss cases, there is no shear load
being taken out of the diaphragm at the ridge, so boundary nailing is
not required unless you are blocking the diaphragm.  However, I could
see that if you had significantly different eave-ridge lengths on
opposing sides of the ridge you might want to detail for diaphragm
continuity.

I have a standard detail of this showing a block with a 1 1/2" x 10"
cutout (assuming 24"oc truss or rafter spacing) in the top corner and
the required boundary nailing into the remaining 12"(min) of the block.
most contractors seem to like this better than drilling all those holes.

regards,
Gordon Goodell

Michel Blangy wrote:

<<How is continuity at the ridge detailed for these? Wouldn't the
plywood edge
need to be set back from the ridge board/beam?>>