Welded Connection at OMF

I have an OMF in a SDC D.  I think I understand from AISC Seismic Provisions that I can use a double sided fillet weld at the beam flange to the column using the maximum moment that can be developed.  Is that correct?  If so, and if I have room to make the double sided fillet by using the width of the flange at the outside and the width minus double the “k” distance at the inside, do I need to provide weld access holes?  11.2a(2) says “where weld access holes are provided…” with the next section saying that double sided fillet welds can be used.  If all this is correct, what is the tolerance for the distance from the beam flange to the column flange to make the fillet weld.  Or am I reading all that incorrectly?

The beam at this frame connection is pitched at a 5:12 and in addition I would like to stay away from the full pen weld and all that goes along with it if possible.  This is a custom home project and the weld access holes will create a problem for the architect.

I also believe that a connection can be made by running the beam continuous over the column, by using a similar procedure to that used for a wide flange beam over a HSS column as shown in the Hollow Structural Sections Connections Manual.  If not, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe Grill