RE: ACI 318-08 Section 14.8 Alternate Design of Slender Walls

I don’t have a copy of the ACI 318-08. But many cities in southern and northern California adopted an amendment regarding this issue in their muni codes, which I believe is what got incorporated to the ACI code. The proposed change is amendment #4 starting at the top of page 3:

http://www.iccpeninsula.org/TUCC/2007/TUCC_2007_CBC_Recommended_Amendments.pdf

Ben Yousefi, SE, CBO

Chief Building Official

City of Mountain View, CA

(650) 526-7007

ben.yousefi(--nospam--at)mountainview.gov