Subject: Packing peanuts?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:52:40 -0600
From: GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Ive got a small commercial project thats getting put on hold, just before the Wyoming winter sets in.  Im sure Im not the only one.  This one has footings & concrete walls, but no slab, backfill, or floor package, and the owner doesnt want to (cant?)do anything else, except the bare minimum to protect his investment from frost.  The outside backfill to frost depth is no problem, but those footings are exposed on the inside, too, as well as lots of interior footings, elevator pit, etc.  The footprint is about 4,400sf.  Filling it up with 500 cu. yds of dirt (to frost depth) and then scooping it out in the spring seems too painful.  Does anyone have good ideas for reasonably priced blankets or even lightweight structural fill?

thanks,

Gordon Goodell

Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it