Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: Residential garage floor live load

ASCE 7-05, table 4-1 footnote a):

Floors in garages or portions of a building used for the storage of motor vehicles shall be designed for the uniformly distributed live loads of Table 4-1 or the
following concentrated load: (1) for garages restricted to passenger vehicles accommodating not more than nine passengers, 3,000 lb (13.35 kN) acting on an area of 4.5 in. by 4.5 in. (114 mm by 114 mm) footprint of a jack; and (2) for mechanical parking structures without slab or deck that are used for storing
passenger car only, 2,250 lb (10 kN) per wheel.