Horizontal Irregularities

Section 12.3.3.4 of the ASCE 7-05 states:

“For structures assigned to Seismic Design Categories D, E, or F and having a horizontal structural irregularity…the design forces determined from Section 12.8.1 shall be increased 25 percent for connections of diaphragms to vertical elements and to collectors…”

Does this requirement apply to diaphragm shear values taken from the code tables?  As I read it, it does not, but I would appreciate confirmation.

TIA,

Doug Mayer, SE