Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Horizontal Irregularities[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Horizontal Irregularities
- From: "Doug Mayer" <doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:26:55 -0800
Section 220.127.116.11 of the ASCE 7-05 states:
“For structures assigned to Seismic Design Categories D, E, or F and having a horizontal structural irregularity…the design forces determined from Section 12.8.1 shall be increased 25 percent for connections of diaphragms to vertical elements and to collectors…”
Does this requirement apply to diaphragm shear values taken from the code tables? As I read it, it does not, but I would appreciate confirmation.
Doug Mayer, SE
- Prev by Subject: Re: hollow core details
- Next by Subject: Re: Horizontal Irregularities
- Previous by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 2 Nov 2008
- Next by thread: Re: Horizontal Irregularities