Re: Load combination 7. .6D+W+H

The combination is for stability too. You use the combination 0.6D+W+H
and that is it. You don't have to subsequently use a 1.5 safety factor
or any additional dead load factors for stability after you have
applied the 0.6D+W+H load combination (it's not cumulative).

Footing weights and retaining wall dead loads must also be multiplied
by 0.6 when using this combination, it's not just for concrete
columns. This combination applies to uplift and overturning. Dividing
1/0.6=1.67 so the traditional 1.5 safety factor is more than accounted
for already.

Will