From: erik_g(--nospam--at)cox.net [mailto:erik_g(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:20 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Rammed earth construction

    Yi, I have the book written by Bruce King, "Buildings of Earth and
Straw" and shear transfer into the wall from the roof diaphram can be
accomplished in a few ways. One way is to provide a reinforced concrete
bond beam at the top & centered in the rammed earth wall, almost like a
key. Then your ledger or sill plate is anchored into this conc beam and
your joists are attached to the sill or ledger.
    I'm sure if a person is creative enough there are probably a lot of
other ways to accomplish shear transfer.

Erik Gibbs