Twisting of rebar

Is there an ACI document that specifies the amount that a bar can be
twisted?

Hooked bars extend out of the top of a load-bearing 12" concrete wall.
The concrete roof slab has not been placed yet.  The hooks are intended
to be perpendicular to the wall, but have been placed parallel.  I
recommended that the bars be heated to 1350-1400F, straightened, and
then bent in the correct direction.  The contractor would prefer to
grasp the bar at the point where it protrudes from the concrete and
twist the bar 90 degrees.  The bar extends approx. 12" above the level
of the concrete, so 90 degrees of twisting in a #5 bar would be
occurring over a 12" length.

I am entertaining this proposal because another case of heating and
bending bars on this job (without my approval) turned out to be a
disaster.

Thanks,

David Dickey, P.E.
Lexington, KY